Friday 26 April 2013

Wedding Anniversaries are always special


Yesterday -  25th April was our 11th Wedding Anniversary. Hard to believe that it’s been 11 years already. Although, I just cannot accept that we are getting old, the love and respect for each other grows every year. I believe that we complement and complete each other. My charming hubby always turns our anniversaries into memorable and special, no matter what. Apart from a surprise gift, our wedding anniversaries have always been a day together with a visit to the temple, a movie in a multiplex and a dinner at a restaurant, till a couple of years back. Once our little prince was born, things changed. He is turning 3 next month. So, that means, it’s been 3 years since I watched a movie in the theater. Our lunches and dinners at restaurant are always in haste. Yet we have enjoyed each and every moment with our little one.

This year anniversary - it’s completely different. My husband was required at the office the entire day for a couple of meetings, which means this was the first anniversary that we haven’t spent in our typical way. I am down with back pain too. So this year is also going to be memorable one, but for different reasons. But wait; there is one great thing that happened to us early in the morning. It was the loving wish from our dear son. That was the first wish of the day too. What best can we hope for? I am not sure why we have not made a big deal about not celebrating the anniversary our usual way – Movies and Dinner. We both were okay with the way things turned out yesterday. I have faced separation anxiety earlier, if we are not able to spend our time together on a special occasion. But yesterday was different. There was no separation anxiety.  Is it the maturity? Or Are we tired of anniversary celebrations? No, we cannot be tired. We would always grab up any chance to be with each other or celebrate an occasion, every time an opportunity presents itself. Oh! My! I have matured to handle the otherwise situation too. Thank God for that. Anyway, deep in my heart, I knew I will receive a surprise gift, no matter what, from my hubby. My intuition was not wrong. My better half came home with this year’s perfect anniversary gift - 3 pairs of earrings from Estelle.


All are beautiful and Gosh! I love them. It suits my face too. We spent a lovely evening with a quite dinner at home and enjoyed our little prince dance and play. It was perfect! Who needs an expensive dinner and a movie in theater when those who love you for what you are, are holding your hands and are really happy to be with you too. I cannot thank god enough every day for a perfect family. I Love you, my dear hubby. I love you, my sweet little prince. Thank you both for making my anniversary so special. Wedding Anniversaries are always special.

No comments: